Saturday, 12 January 2013

"The Hole Thing" - A Great Little Primer

"The Hole Thing" is one of the first pinhole books I ever owned. It got me started along a very interesting photographic path. Published in 1974 by Morgan and Morgan, it is a fun, but pretty basic classic for anyone interested in pinhole photography. I love it so much, I bought two copies. BTW a brand new copy of the first edition can set you back more than a few bucks. If you have some money to spend: The Hole Thing : Jim Shull (Paperback, 1974) Otherwise, a good used copy works just as well.

theholething.jpg

Amazon.com: The Hole Thing: A Manual of Pinhole Photography ...

I'll be adding posts about pinhole over the next month or so and until WPPD. http://www.pinholeday.org/

A Pinhole Can Change Your Photography - 2013 WPPD

I talk about pinhole and zone plate photography in my book too. Buy my book here:  Rethinking Digital Photography.



 

 

Source: http://www.pixiq.com/article/the-hole-thing-a-pirmer

digital photography

No comments:

Post a Comment